To celebrate the amazing donation we received from Ben Sullins' tongue-in-cheek fundraising campaign to buy Elon Musk a new couch, we'd like to ask our supporters to #SlouchOnYourCouch for Renewable World.
From the comfort of your own home, you can support us and help tackle poverty through renewable energy. To join our campaign and support our work to bring clean energy to power-poor communities, simply SLOUCH, SHARE, and DONATE:
1. SLOUCH: #SlouchOnYourCouch for Renewable World
2. SHARE: Share a photo of you and your couch (the more people on your couch the merrier; cosy up with your friends, family, pets, even your favourite teddy bear!). Don't forget to include:
- The hashtag #SlouchOnYourCouch
- And the donation link: http://bit.ly/slouchcouch, or text donate instructions: text SOYC05 £5 to 70070
3. DONATE: Donate £5 to Renewable World, either online (click on the donate button) or by texting SOCY05 £5 to 70070
While you're at it, don't forget to nominate your friends to do the same!
"As Renewable World Ambassador I am delighted to be slouching on my couch for Renewable World. I’m lucky to have a sofa, and a roof over my head. Not everyone does. Through this unique opportunity, I can help bring access to energy to people around the world who's life is a daily struggle. I've seen first-hand how lives are changed with access to energy. Please spread the word and get vital funds to where they are needed most!" - Gethin Jones
How slouching on your couch will help change lives
Your £5 donation could provide one family in Nepal with agricultural training and tools, helping them increase their income by growing cash crops.
If we hit our fundraising target of £5,500, that would double the donation that we have received from the 'Buy Elon Musk a Couch' campaign, doubling the impact that we can achieve.
With the £5,500 raised so far we could provide training on safe water use, hygiene and sanitation for seven communities in Nepal who have recently got access to water through a solar-powered water pumping system.
If we manage to double this donation, then with £11,000 we could give 30 families and future entrepreneurs in Kenya access to clean and sustainable solar energy for 25 years; bringing electric lighting and electricity into their homes, and opening up new business opportunities.